TRAINING IN MEDICAL BIOTECHNOLOGY METHODS
This training course is designed for people who are currently studying or have in the past studied any stream of Life Science such Biotechnology, Biology, Zoology, Pharmacy, Biomedical Science, Microbiology, etc. There is a misconception that there is less scope of careers in non-medical health care sector. Molecular biology is now the future of disease diagnosis and patient care where you can take your knowledge of applied science and use them to make a career as a scientist in the health care industry working with patients and getting familiar with the different situations in a clinical setting.
With this course you will not only get a fully hand-on experience of working with samples and learning about instruments and methods but also get a taste of the industrial side of Biotechnology such as what it takes to set up and manage lab, how to analyze results and how to work with clinicians as their scientific support.
CANDIDATES HAVE A CHANCE TO GET PLACED IN THE SCIENTIFIC STAFF OF IDEAL FERTILITY. Scroll down further to know about the COURSE MODULES and ACCOMMODATION FACILITIES.
Trainees will be expected to do all the practical exercise themselves as we do not believe in just observational training. They will be asked to do a weekly “Reflection” where they will write down their experience, learning and problems faces during the exercises. These “Reflections” will help them know their experiences in real time which they can refer to in case of any troubleshooting.
The training will be in 3 aspects depending upon the type and duration of work:
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Gamete and Embryo Handling and Cryobiology
Detailed Course Structure:
Molecular Diagnostics: Duration- 6 weeks. Fees- INR. 6,500.
Working with clinical samples to detect and diagnose infectious diseases with genotyping techniques. Skills will include: DNA/RNA processing from different samples, Gel Electrophoresis, Real Time, Reverse Transcriptase and conventional PCR.
Cytogenetics: Duration- 2 months. Fees- INR 10,000.
Chromosomal analysis by Karyotyping. Skills will include cell culture, chromosomal harvesting, banding technique and analysis of chromosomes on a slide. Technology used will be from Leica Microsystems Cytovision Software.
Gamete and Embryo Handling and Cryobiology: Duration- 3 months. Fees- INR 1,00,000
An introduction to the world of Assisted Reproduction Technology. Skills will include follicular aspiration from ovary, cumulus oocyte complex harvesting, in vitro maturation, oocyte denudation, sperm preparation techniques, semen analysis, sperm staining and assessment, IVF and embryo culture gamete freezing and thawing.
HOW TO APPLY
- Send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write a statement of purpose (SOP) in maximum 500 words and attach it to the email.
- Pay a deposit which will be refunded back to the candidate after completion of the course.
Molecular Diagnostics: INR 3,000
Cytogenetics: INR 5,000
Gamete and Embryo Handling and Cryobiology: INR 10,000
- Payment details will be sent with the training offer via Email once we receive the CV and SOP.
- Candidate will have to pay the deposit within 5 days of receiving the training offer otherwise the application will be deemed cancelled.
- Refunds will be done after the completion of the course. If a candidate cancels or is absent for the course, deposit will not be refunded.
- Cost of any damage by the candidate will be deducted from the deposit.
- Candidates must come to the center with ONE valid government ID (Adhaar, Passport, driver’s license, voter ID) and two passport sized photos taken at the latest date.
Service apartments are available to the candidates with a weekly rent of INR 3500. The rent includes:
- Individual bedroom
- Attached bathroom and toilets
- Bills for electricity, water and gas
- WIFI internet
- Washing machine
Application: Email at email@example.com or Call at +91-9926345310 to receive the payment details and accommodation offer. Pay the rent for the first week within 4 days of receiving the offer.
If the resident fails to show up or cancels the application after payment of the rent, then INR 1800 will be deducted from the rent deposit and the rest will be refunded. Residents will be charged for any damage to the property or its contents.
Candidates are free to arrange their own accommodation.